George Lenard Member
George L. Lenard (Of Counsel) has over thirty five years of experience in all aspects of labor and employment law, including preventive law as well as litigation. His special interests include employment discrimination, sexual harassment, and non-compete agreements.
- Indiana University (Bloomington) – Juris Doctor (with high honors), 1982
- Beloit College – Bachelor of Arts (with high honors), 1980
- Illinois, 1983
- Missouri, 1986
Affiliations and Honors
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Order of the Coif
- Indiana Law Journal, Assistant Managing Editor
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar (Member, Labor and Employment Law Committee)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (Member, Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Contributing author, Guide to the ADA Amendments Act (Thompson Publishing Group 2008).
- Workplace Violence and Threats (chapter 24), Employer-Employee Law, Missouri Bar Deskbook Series(3rd ed. 2008).
- Employer Liability for Harassment of Employees, St. Louis Bar. J., Fall 2006.
- Using the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act to Combat Improper Employee Competition, St. Louis Lawyer (April 2004)
- Recent Developments in Sexual Harassment Law, 56 Journal of the Missouri Bar (March-April, 2000)
- George’s Employment Blawg (May 2003- )
- Employment Discrimination: Tough Questions Recruiters May Not be Prepared to Handle, multimedia mock lawsuit presentation, Onrec/Kennedy Recruiting Conference, Chicago, November 2-4, 2009, co-presented with Kathy Perkins.
- Using Online Personal Information in Employment Decisions, Missouri Bar telephone seminar and webinar, 2007-2011.
- Me-too Evidence in Age Discrimination, Legal Talk Network, podcast panel discussion, September 6, 2007.
- Employment Discrimination, for Missouri Bar Civil Rights Review telephone seminar, May 2006.
- Harassment Policies and Investigations; Protecting Proprietary Information, Competitive Advantage, and Information Systems, for Lorman Education Services HR Audits seminar, June 2004 and June 2003.
- Spy vs. Spy: Applying Electronic Discovery, Computer Forensics, and the Federal Computer Fraud and Abuse Act to the Theft of Trade Secrets — A Case Study, for University of Missouri-Kansas City Electronic Evidence Discovery Seminar, “Recovering the Digital Smoking Gun,” March 2004.
Quoted in Print or Online Publications
- Getting Fired Three Days After Starting a Job, Alexandra Levit, Wall Street Journal Career Journal, August 28, 2009.
- It’s a Wrap. You’re Hired! Lisa Takeuchi Cullen, TIME Magazine, February 22, 2007.
- Performance Reviews: Better Than Nothin’, Lisa Takeuchi Cullen, TIME Magazine Work in Progress blog, June 11, 2007.
- EEOC vs. Merrill Lynch: Perils of Workplace Culture, Jon Jacobs, eFinancial Careers, June 27 2007.
- Facebook and Employment: An Equal Opportunity Information Trap, Denise Howell, ZDNet, July 16th, 2007.
- University City Task Force on Indoor Aquatics
- Past President, University City Swim Club
- Committee on Nominations, University United Methodist Church