J. Bradley Young Member
J. Bradley Young has almost thirty years of experience in all aspects of workers compensation defense. Mr. Young has spoken before corporate organizations and at in-house client seminars for many years, and frequently lectures for nationally known seminar companies on topics relating to workers’ compensation claims, employer liability, and third-party administration of claims.
Mr. Young is the legal analyst for KMOX Radio in St. Louis, and is a frequent guest on local television stations KSDK Channel 5, KMOV Channel 4, and KTVI Channel 2, commenting on various legal issues and trends. Additionally, Mr. Young writes monthly articles for journals and magazines on a wide variety of legal topics. Some of the more recent media appearances include:
- KMOX The Charlie Brennan Show, February 19, 2019, discussing the legal ramifications of the criminal investigation into Governor Grietens and whether the St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office has jurisdiction over the alleged criminal acts.
- KMOX Overtime (variety of topics discussed), February 15, 2018. Listen to MP3
- KMOX Overnight America, February 5, 2018, discussing the results of the court proceeding on whether an injunction should be issued against Governor Greitens for using the Confide App in possible violation of the Missouri Sunshine Laws.
- KMOX Overnight America, January 2, 2018, on litigation filed against Governor Greitens based upon his use of the Confide App and whether the use of the app violates the Missouri Sunshine Laws.
- KMOX Overnight America, December 13, 2017, discussing whether Governor Greitens use of the Confide App violates Missouri Sunshine Laws. Listen to the MP3
- KMOX Total Information AM, November 14, 2017, discussing digital identity theft and steps to prevent same.
- KMOX Overnight America, November 6, 2017, discussing digital piracy related to streaming movies online from unlicensed web sites.
- KMOX At Your Service, October 16, 2017, discussing how Ftbit and other personal digital devices are being used by law enforcement to track the activities of suspected criminals.
- KMOX Total Information AM, October 6, 2017, discussing legislation to address liability issues related to self-driving automobiles.
- KMOX Total Information AM, September 30, 2017, discussing Trademark issues with The Washington Redskins Football Team and decisions from the U.S. Supreme Court affecting the Trademark. Listen to MP3
- KMOX Total Information AM, September 22, 2017, discussing the Equifax data breach and legal issues related to same.
- KMOX Overnight America, July 14, 2017, discussing litigation against President Trump’s blockage of people from his Twitter account.
- KMOX Total Information AM, June 27, 2017, discussing the Supreme Court’s Decision in the Trinity Lutheran Church case while overturned a ban against state funds going to church-based schools.
- KMOX Total Information AM, April 26, 2017, discussing school computers provided by Google that collect personal data on school children.
- KMOX Total Information AM, April 14, 2017, discussing cyber-bullying statutes and how these statutes are affecting school operations.
- KMOX Total Information AM, March 29, 2017, discussing Net Neutrality actions by the FCC, federal statutes addressing Net Neutrality, and this could affect access to broadband internet access.
- KMOX Total Information AM, March 15, 2017, discussing class action lawsuits filed against opioid manufactures for excessive distribution to opioids to rural counties across the United States.
- KMOX Total Information AM, January 26, 2017, discussing BMI and ASCAP litigation pertaining to lawsuits filed by music copyright holders against local restaurants. Listen to the MP3
- KMOX Total Information AM, January 13, 2017, discussing how the type of computer one uses, and the location of the internet access, can affect the price paid for items bought online and the legality of zip code discrimination for online shopping.
Mr. Young was on the legislative drafting committee for the 2005 revision to the Missouri Workers Compensation Act, and drafted large portions of the proposed 2018 revisions to the Missouri Workers Compensation Act. Additionally, Mr. Young is frequently called to testify before the Missouri Legislature on issues related to how legislative changes to the Act might affect Employers and Insurance Carriers throughout Missouri, including most recently:
- Tuesday, February 20, 2018, testifying in support of Senate Bill 601 regarding whether the Missouri Division of Workers Compensation should adopt a medical fee schedule.
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
Brad is a frequent speaker at seminars, conferences, and safety meetings throughout Missouri and Illinois. Upcoming speaking engagements include:
- The Human Resource Manager: Essential Skills for Everyday Issues. April 3 & 4, 2018, at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza, Clayton, MO. (Call 800-930-6182 or click HERE for details)
- SSM Spring Workers Compensation Conference, April 19, 2018, Bridgeton, MO. (Contact Patte Ackermann at [email protected] for details)
- 2018 Workers Compensation Seminar Benefiting Kid’s Chance of Missouri, Friday, April 20, 2018, at St. Louis University School of Law. (click HERE for details )
- St. Louis University – Juris Doctor (with honors), 1990
- Southern Illinois University – Carbondale – Bachelor of Arts, 1987
- Missouri, 1990
- Illinois, 1990
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar (Member, Workers Compensation Section)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- KMOX Radio St. Louis